Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Starting Over

I just switched my major (officially) from Culinary to Art after many frustrations and confusions and general disarray.
It feels good to be back in a comfort zone, but I still love food. Real food. Not greasy burgers and quesadillas from sports bars.
It's been a while since I've done any real art, and I desperately need to get back into the swing of things.

Goals for August:
-Quit biting my fingernails. I've been biting my nails for as far back as I can remember, and it's become an awfully addictive habit. I quit biting my nails on the first, and so far haven't forgotten my goal and chomped down on a nail. Pretty proud of myself.
-Draw more. I found a 30 day challenge, and I'm playing catch up for the first 10 days of the month, from before I found the list. However, I do *plan to do the sketches everyday. (*planning does not always equal execution. :< )
-Take more photos. I took a black and white photography class earlier in the summer, and I loved it. Currently borrowing Haley's 35mm and trying to get the hang of it. Majorly overexposed a million photos because I'm dumb and forgot that a 35mm is not a little point-and-shoot and that I have to adjust the light meter. Way to go, me! Excited to see how I fare with color film, though.
-Get a job. I quit my job in May because I was moving/my job sucked/I saved up a bit of money and I've been coasting on that ever since. My funds are running low, and I hate feeling poor. So. Job hunting shall be commencing soon.
-Make more friends. I have a tendency to only hang out with two or three people, and that's it. But I'd like to push myself to make new friends and revisit some old ones. Regardless of how much I love Carson and that he's my best friend, he needs his own time without having to worry about whether I'm bored/lonely/whatever.

I hope I can do this. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment